Budget and Contract Manager – Concord, CA
Who we are: SHELTER, Inc. is an independent, community-based non-profit organization created in 1986 to lead Contra Costa County's effort to eliminate homelessness.
Our Mission: To prevent and end homelessness among low-income, homeless, and disadvantaged families and individuals by providing housing services, support and resources that lead to self-sufficiency.
What you will do: This position manages grant and contract funding in coordination with programs and ensures effective spending compliance.
· Provide detailed analysis on grant and contract spending.
· Responsible for knowledge of contract terms, allowable expenses and funder requirements
· Monitor contract expiration/renewal dates
· Maintain the contract database file hierarchy.
· Improve process efficiencies regarding contracts and demand work flows.
· Coordinate with program managers to track donor and foundation inflows and outflows.
· Create and manage funding reporting requirements and statistical surveys.
· Create program budgets for contract proposals and RFPs
· Manage employee program allocations to ensure appropriate fund management., including calculations for new staff to meet budget targets.
· Make staffing level recommendations based on proposed/approved budgets
· Review and manage fund budgets adhering to Federal and other governmental regulations and requirements.
· Coordinate with program staff during assembly of program narrative, budget/financial data, and other information involved in preparation of new and renewal public funding applications for timely submission
· Support program management team with budget adjustments and requested modifications
· Oversee analytical staff responsible for analysis, research and reporting
· Provide or complete program compliance information as required for monthly, quarterly or yearly requirements
· Manage compilation of program and fiscal performance data;
· Provide outstanding stewardship for current government grants/contracts, ensuring that reports and other requests/updates are submitted in advance of requested deadline.
· Provide overall program performance data, including participant metrics and outcomes.
· Maintain accurate documentation of participant services interaction.
· Serve as HMIS subject matter expert and liaison with government entities.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Expert at excel
· Experience creating budgets and using financial system software
· Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with a strong attention to detail.
· Strong interpersonal relationship skills, with a positive demeanor and ability to build rapport and credibility with a variety of stakeholders.
· Keen ability to organize, prioritize and, when appropriate, delegate tasks to coordinate responsibilities for timely project completion in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
· Adept in data collection and grant reporting with strong analytical and math proficiencies; proven ability to analyze data for trends in service provision and performance.
· Excellent analytical and research skills that demonstrates ability to innovate and think strategically.
· Strong ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team setting.
· Strong ability to take initiative and remain self-motivated.
· Effective problem-solver who is result-oriented, adaptable and willing to contribute when needed.
You should at least have:
· Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, business administration or related fields.
· Experience managing programs funded by U.S. Dept. of Housing & Urban Development, State, County, and/or similar public or private funding sources
· Experience in data compilation/analysis and concise, compelling written/audiovisual presentations.
· Familiarity with governmental contracting and funding
· Ability to create reports and provide information to stakeholders
· Experience in a team-oriented environment, working in deadline-driven environments.
· Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as project deadlines require.
Nice to have:
· Experience with affordable and/or subsidized housing, preferably with Section 8, HUD, Shelter + Care and/or other low-income subsidized housing programs.
· Experience in programming software and/or developing customized applications within existing database platforms.
· Proficiency in managing and extracting data from databases.
· Experience creating dashboards and other programming abilities
SHELTER, Inc. Benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, LTD, EAP, Aflac Voluntary Insurances, Flexible Spending Account, 403b Retirement Plan, 14 paid holiday (including one on or around your birthday) and 18 days of Paid Time Off to start!
To Apply:Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.