Grants and Contract Manager – Concord, CA
Who we are: SHELTER, Inc. is an independent, community-based non-profit organization created in 1986 to lead Contra Costa County’s effort to eliminate homelessness. Since then, we helped over 180,000 people to either avoid losing their housing or make the transition from homelessness to self-sustainability.
Our Mission: SHELTER, Inc. is to prevent and end homelessness for low-income, homeless, and disadvantaged families and individuals by providing housing, services, support, and resources that lead to self-sufficiency.
What you will do:
- This position manages grant and contract funding in coordination with programs and ensures effective spending compliance.
- Manage employee program allocations to ensure appropriate fund management., including calculations for new staff to meet budget targets.
- Review and manage fund budgets adhering to Federal and other governmental regulations and requirements.
- Provide detailed analysis on grant and contract spending using Excel. Must be expert in Excel utilizing v-lookups and pivot tables.
- Monitor contract expiration/renewal dates
- Coordinate with program staff during assembly of program narrative, budget/financial data, and other information involved in preparation of new and renewal public funding applications for timely submission.
- Maintain the contract database file hierarchy.
- Improve process efficiencies regarding contracts and demand work flows.
- Coordinate with program managers to track donor and foundation inflows and outflows.
- Create and manage funding reporting requirements and statistical surveys.
- Oversee analytical staff responsible for analysis, research and reporting
- Provide or complete program compliance information as required for monthly, quarterly or yearly requirements
- Manage compilation of program and fiscal performance data;
- Provide outstanding stewardship for current government grants/contracts, ensuring that reports and other requests/updates are submitted in advance of requested deadline.
- Provide overall program performance data, including participant metrics and outcomes.
- Maintain accurate documentation of participant services interaction.
- Serve as HMIS subject matter expert and liaison with government entities.
Who you are:
- Expert at Excel; pivot tables, v-lookup, marcros etc.
- Experience creating budgets and using financial system software
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills, with a positive demeanor and ability to build rapport and credibility with a variety of stakeholders.
- Keen ability to organize, prioritize and, when appropriate, delegate tasks to coordinate responsibilities for timely project completion in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Adept in data collection and grant reporting with strong analytical and math proficiencies; proven ability to analyze data for trends in service provision and performance.
- Excellent analytical and research skills that demonstrates ability to innovate and think strategically.
- Strong ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team setting.
- Strong ability to take initiative and remain self-motivated.
- Effective problem-solver who is result-oriented, adaptable and willing to contribute when needed.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree is social sciences, business administration or related fields.
- 5 years of experience developing successful proposals for submission to governmental sources.
- Experience in data compilation/analysis and concise, compelling written/audiovisual presentations.
- Experience in team-oriented project management working in deadline-driven environments.
- Experience working in diverse settings with people across the socio-economic spectrums and a wide variety roles – program participants and staff, local service partner agencies, etc.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as project deadlines require.
- Required to drive personal car on behalf of agency business and have a DMV record that permits driver to be insured under SHELTER, Inc.’s automobile coverage.
Benefits: SHELTER, Inc. provides an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, LTD, AD&D, 403b retirement plan, Flexible Spending Account, EAP and AFLAC. In addition, SHELTER, Inc. provides 14 paid holidays per year, including a floating holiday to be taken on or around your birthday and 18 days of PTO per year to start!
To Apply: Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.