HMIS Data Analyst
Who we are: SHELTER, Inc. is an independent, community-based non-profit organization created in 1986 to lead Contra Costa County's effort to eliminate homelessness. We now serve Contra Costa, Alameda and Solano Counties.
Our Mission: To prevent and end homelessness among low-income, homeless, and disadvantaged families and individuals by providing housing services, support and resources that lead to self-sufficiency.
What you will do: Manage agency Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) software and coordination with County and other funders. Support data-informed decision making through program evaluation, data collection, data processing and data analysis.
· Administer HMIS and other related databases in compliance with requirements of regulatory agencies, program funders and agency needs.
· Develop and maintain the infrastructure, including customized databases, needed to gather data to accurately measure departmental and program-specific outcomes.
· Provide staff training, develop training materials, support and troubleshooting for entering, accessing, and monitoring data.
· Ensure data security and accuracy.
· Manage response to inquiries from regulatory agencies or funders.
· Manage relationship with County HMIS staff, HMIS software vendor, and other external stakeholders to develop strategies for effective data systems and maximize efficiency of HMIS interface with other agency data tracking systems.
· Stay abreast of best practices in data management.
· Recommend changes in policies, procedures, and/or administrative functions in order to support data collection requirements
· Provide and promote excellence in customer service for both internal and external customers.
· Coordinate Agency-level data and reporting activities.
· Assist program managers and staff as needed to complete reports in a timely and accurate manner.
· Provide leadership and expertise for developing agency-wide and department specific indicators and targets.
· Monitor monthly/quarterly/annual progress toward achievement of objectives.
· Produce reports, data dashboards and present findings.
· Develop, post and regularly update data dashboards for tracking progress toward achievement of objectives.
· Produce and present other data reports as needed.
· Present written data analysis clearly and concisely in terms understandable to non-evaluators
· Prepare presentations and present data information to a wide range of in-house and collaborative groups
· Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports
· Use data to create models that depict trends in the programs and the client population as a whole.
· Participate in researching best practices.
· Participate in qualitative and quantitative program evaluations of programmatic implementation and impact, including formulating hypotheses, creating logic models, collecting data, analyzing results, formulating recommendations for program improvement, writing summaries of results and presenting findings and recommendations agency-wide.
· Support director on key strategic initiatives.
· Function as an agency leader on the Program Leader Team.
· Serve as a role model for professionalism in communication and coordination-of-effort
· Represent the agency as needed within the community.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Ability to interpret and apply complex, sometimes competing regulatory and contractual requirements.
· Strong technical aptitude. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve software and hardware problems.
· Ability to interpret data to report KPIs, trends, etc.
· Accurate data entry with ability to manage high volume at peak times.
· Demonstrated commitment to teaching/learning, and extremely comfortable in training roles.
· Strong oral/written communication skills and listening abilities.
· Ability to interpret and balance priorities between competing demands on time and resources.
· Proven capacity to maintain patience/tolerance and tact/diplomacy in stressful situations.
· Self-motivated and accountable for timely follow-through.
· Well-honed negotiation/mediation, conflict resolution and customer service skills.
· Ability to organize meetings, manage group processes and facilitate schedules/logistics.
· Quality control: demonstrates accuracy/thoroughness in monitoring own work to ensure quality and seeks/applies feedback to improve performance.
· Highly organized: able to manage multiple assignments to meet project deadlines.
· A high level of integrity and strong ethical values and maintains the highest standards of confidentiality with all records, including organizational and individual information.
You should have:
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, social service/public administration, accounting, or other related field.
· Work experience that demonstrates a capacity to oversee all aspects of agency HMIS needs.
· Experience in programming software and/or developing customized applications within existing database platforms.
· Proficiency in managing and extracting data from databases.
· Ability to create and maintain reports.
· Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint), with advanced Excel skills.
· Experience in training others in software including quality control.
· Experience working in diverse settings with people across all socio-economic spectrums and a wide variety of personalities and roles - staff, residents, local agencies, contractors, lenders, etc.
· Access to reliable personal transportation required, including a DMV record that permits driver to be insured under SHELTER, Inc.’s automobile coverage.
· Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
Nice to have:
· Experience with affordable and/or subsidized housing, preferably with Section 8, HUD, Shelter + Care and/or other low-income subsidized housing programs.
· Experience creating data dashboards and experience using Tableau.
SHELTER, Inc. Benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, LTD, EAP, Aflac Voluntary Insurances, Flexible Spending Account, 403b Retirement Plan, 14 paid holiday (including one on or around your birthday) and 18 days of Paid Time Off to start!
To Apply:Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.