Maintenance & Facilities Manager
Who we are: SHELTER, Inc. is an independent, community-based non-profit organization created in 1986 to lead Contra Costa County's effort to eliminate homelessness.
Our Mission: To prevent and end homelessness among low-income, homeless, and disadvantaged families and individuals by providing housing services, support and resources that lead to self-sufficiency.
What you will do: This position manages and coordinates the operational and systems infrastructure of SHELTER, Inc. owned properties, corporate office, and the maintenance services for master leased properties. Participates in the development and implementation of agency and team policies and procedures, audits current procedures and work plans; plans and manages all building and maintenance projects, agency owned vehicles, and works with vendors, contractors and landlords to build strong rapport and support fair and equitable business practices.
PROPERTY & FACILITY STANDARDS
· Ensures that the property is maintained physically to meet the standards set by REAC, HUD and the organization. This is achieved by following procedures established by SHELTER, Inc. and working with vendors, contractors, and property specialist to perform or complete any necessary work.
· Maintain oversight understanding of all building repair including; electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and carpentry work.
· Perform or oversee performance of the following (including but not limited to): minor repairs to building appliances and fixtures, repair and change locks, replace floor tile, clear clogged drains, repair or replace plumbing fixtures, patch holes in walls, clean unit interiors, perform miscellaneous carpentry repairs, perform minor masonry duties, interior and exterior painting, build or repair fences, install window coverings, install carpet, install major appliances and light fixtures.
· Abides by and suggests necessary safety procedures.
· Ensures all vacant home turnover procedures are followed; that turnovers are accomplished in a timeframe and manner consistent with the organization’s standards and the property’s budgetary goals and limitations.
· Prepares written recommendations for physical repairs and/or replacements and provide to supervisor.
· May be required to maintain grounds and landscaping at certain locations.
RESIDENT & TENANT RELATIONS
· Promote and foster harmonious relations among residents, tenants, vendors, and the community promptly and professionally as needs/issues arise
· Ability to interact with residents and tenants and handle complaints with reasonable discretion.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Who you are:
Ability to set priorities.
· Ability to maintain patience and tolerance.
· Ability to develop successful partnerships and relationships.
· Professionalism, including maintaining confidentiality and setting boundaries.
· Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
· Good knowledge in building repair trades, purchasing procedures and practices, work safety requirements, and repair procedures.
· Ability to keep accurate and detailed records.
· Basic knowledge in preventive maintenance work and scheduling.
· Basic understanding of habitability and REAC inspection requirements.
You should at least have:
· Minimum of two years’ oversight experience in multifamily building maintenance including repairs, carpentry, minor electrical, minor plumbing, painting, refurbishing, cleaning, heating.
· Working knowledge of building maintenance systems.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
· Oral and written communication skills.
· Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
· Must have basic knowledge of Landlord/Tenant Laws, Fair Housing Laws, and ADA/Reasonable accommodation regulations.
· Access to personal car on behalf of agency business and have a DMV record that permits driver to be insured under SHELTER, Inc.’s automobile coverage.
· Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
Nice to have:
· REAC inspection training
· Cal-OSHA training
· Basic understanding of habitability issues
· Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
· Bilingual English/Spanish
SHELTER, Inc. Benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, LTD, EAP, Aflac Voluntary Insurances, Flexible Spending Account, 403b Retirement Plan, 14 paid holiday (including one on or around your birthday) and 18 days of Paid Time Off to start!
To Apply:Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.