- What Information Do We Collect? When you visit our website you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our website.
- Personal Information You Choose to Provide We may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, including your email address, postal address, home or work telephone number and other personal information for such purposes as correspondence, placing an order, requesting an estimate, or participating in online surveys. If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
- Website Use Information Similar to other websites, our site may utilize a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What Are Cookies?”) and web server logs to collect information about how our website is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website, and the sites visited just before and just after ours. This information is collected on an aggregate basis. None of this information is associated with you as an individual.
- How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us? Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing service and support and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our website, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. The lists used to send you product and service offers are developed and managed under our traditional standards designed to safeguard the security and privacy of all personal information provided by our users. You may at any time to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers.
- What Are Cookies? Cookies are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to recognize the computer used to access a website. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by a user’s web browser on the user’s hard drive. Cookies can remember what information a user accesses on one web page to simplify subsequent interactions with that website by the same user or to use the information to streamline the user’s transactions on related web pages. This makes it easier for a user to move from web page to web page and to complete commercial transactions over the Internet. Cookies should make your online experience easier and more personalized.
- How Do We Use Information Collected From Cookies? We use website browser software tools such as cookies and web server logs to gather information about our website users’ browsing activities, in order to constantly improve our website and better serve our users. This information assists us to design and arrange our web pages in the most user-friendly manner and to continually improve our website to better meet the needs of our users and prospective users. Cookies help us collect important business and technical statistics. The information in the cookies lets us trace the paths followed by users to our website as they move from one page to another. Web server logs allow us to count how many people visit our website and evaluate our website’s visitor capacity. We do not use these technologies to capture your individual email address or any personally identifying information about you.
- Notice of New Services and Changes Occasionally, we may use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our website, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. As a user of our website, you will be given the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers by clicking on a response box when you receive such an offer or by sending us an email request.
- How Do We Secure Information Transmissions? When you send confidential personal information to us on our website, a secure server software which we have licensed encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. The information is scrambled en route and decoded once it reaches our website. Other email that you may send to us may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures will be in place prior to your transmitting the information. For that reason, we ask that you do not send confidential information such as Social Security, credit card, or account numbers to us through an unsecured email.
- How Do We Protect Your Information? Information Security — We utilize encryption/security software to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information we collect from unauthorized access or disclosure and accidental loss, alteration or destruction. Evaluation of Information Protection Practices — Periodically, our operations and business practices are reviewed for compliance with organization policies and procedures governing the security, confidentiality and quality of our information. Employee Access, Training and Expectations — Our organization values, ethical standards, policies and practices are committed to the protection of user information. In general, our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons, processes and transactions.
- How Can You Access and Correct Your Information? You may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing us using the contact form provided to you within the site structure of our website.
- What About Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information? We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
- Permission to Use of Materials The right to download and store or output the materials in our website is granted for the user’s personal use only, and materials may not be reproduced in any edited form. Any other reproduction, transmission, performance, display or editing of these materials by any means mechanical or electronic without our express written permission is strictly prohibited. Users wishing to obtain permission to reprint or reproduce any materials appearing on this site may contact us directly.
Rental Assistance Registration
You can rest assured that your personal information is safe and protected as SHELTER, Inc. uses industry-standard encryption to protect the confidentiality of all our participants information. Your information will NEVER be shared outside of SHELTER, Inc.
Donor Privacy Statement
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION & HOW INFORMATION IS USED
When SHELTER, Inc. asks for personal information, you are sharing that information with SHELTER, Inc. alone. SHELTER, Inc. may collect the following information from donors and those interested in our work: name, address, credit card, and other information volunteered by you, such as email address and telephone. We NEVER share or sell donor information.
We restrict access to information about donors to those SHELTER, Inc. employees who need to know the information to process your donation. We maintain strict physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect donors’ personal information.
SHELTER, Inc. uses the information to send you communications such as e-newsletters, various printed publications or email/written appeals, and to help administer and improve our services.
You can rest assured that your donations are safe and protected as SHELTER, Inc. uses industry-standard encryption to protect the confidentiality of all donor information. All donations are processed through the third party secured server, Network for Good.
If you donate online, your information will NEVER be shared outside SHELTER, Inc. and Network for Good. To keep you updated on how your donations are being used, we will contact you from time to time via email updates and direct mail, which you can opt out of at any time simply by calling us at (925) 957-7566 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DONATIONS BY MAIL
We will NEVER share your name with any other organization, individual, or company. We periodically send direct mail pieces, newsletters, annual reports, and donor acknowledgement letters, but you may choose to be removed from our mailing list at any time simply by calling (925) 957-7566 or by emailing us at email@example.com and asking to be removed.
Email updates provide an opportunity for us to report to SHELTER, Inc.’s supporters on the progress of our work in a quick and efficient manner. It is extremely important to us that our volunteers, donors, and funders feel connected to the work we do and confident that we are fulfilling the mission you support.
To receive these updates, you must provide SHELTER, Inc. with your email address. This information is held in complete confidence. We will NEVER sell, rent, or trade this information to a third party. You will be given the option to remove your name from our email list at the bottom of each update.
CONTACT SHELTER, Inc.